To register for your first Okugyo retreat, please send an email with answers to the questions below to email@example.com, and please make sure to include "Okugyo Registration" in the subject line.
Those who have previously attended an Okugyo retreat do not need to fill
out questions below again, simply send an email to confirm your dates.
1. Complete Name, age, address, phone and email.
2. Dates of the retreat you would like to attend.
3. Do you have any medical conditions which would affect your ability to participate in the schedule? Please explain.
4. Describe your martial arts training history.
5. In two paragraphs or less, please explain in detail why you wish to participate in this training.
An Open Invitation to all Aikido Students
I am writing this as an open invitation to all aikido students who wish to participate in our training center.
In order to insure the highest level of training, the retreats will be limited to twenty participants and divided into the levels of fundamentals, intermediate and advanced. The word Okugyo indicates the advanced level, yet the training will go into depth at each level. Each student will be required to pass all aspects of one level before participating in the next.
The Okugyo training will emphasize the spiritual as well as the physical aspects of aikido. Students will participate in daily meditation, reading and discussion, and other activities designed to help the student move towards an integrated understanding of Aikido.
It has long been my goal to create an environment for this kind of personal training. Okugyo seminars will not make any distinction between affiliation or rank, but will be open to all who approach it with a sincere and humble attitude.